Early Investigator Award
The award includes a certificate and a cash prize that can assist with paying for fNIRS meeting registration fees and/or travel expenses.
Nominations will open spring 2021
Terms of the Award
- A candidate must have an advanced degree (e.g., PhD, MSc, MD) or be working towards an advanced degree.
- A candidate must not be more than seven (full time equivalent) years post the award of their advanced degree.
- The candidate must provide evidence of sustained activity in fNIRS research (as demonstrated by their curriculum vitae and publication list).
- The candidate must be a member of the Society for fNIRS.
- The candidate must submit one (or more) abstract(s) as a lead author, make a presentation of his/her work during the Society for fNIRS conference in the year when he/she is nominated.
- A candidate who is unsuccessful any given year can be re-nominated in a subsequent year if he/she meets the award criteria in the year of nomination.
The candidate must be nominated (self nomination is not allowed) and the nominator must be a member of the Society for fNIRS. A full nomination package must contain:
- a nomination letter;
- a two page curriculum vitae demonstrating the candidate’s accomplishments;
- a list of the candidate’s publications;
- an additional letter of support;
- a copy of the candidate’s submitted abstract.
Nominations with an incomplete package will not be considered.